Glitz, glamour, and the red carpet are finally making a return. We’re excited to review the top jewelry from the 2021 Oscars today!
Union Station in LA partially hosted the 93rd Annual Academy Awards this year. Show producers orchestrated the event down to the minute, while the station continued operating for travelers.
Attendees rotated in and out of the ceremony according to a carefully timed itinerary given to them upon arrival. Above all, the show was executed beautifully.
An intimate red carpet showcased plenty of upscale, designer jewelry pieces worth millions of dollars.
Let’s look our favorite jewelry from the 2021 Oscars!
related: Best Bling from the Golden Globes 2020
Top Jewelry from the 2021 Oscars
Bling was a plenty at the first major live event out of Hollywood since the pandemic shut down the world.
Here’s a few of our favorite picks!
Firstly, Regina King’s diamond earrings were the perfect complement to her ice blue Louis Vuitton winged gown.
The ear bling was complements of Forevermark and their new Avaanti collection. She wore the:
- 1.39 ct. Forevermark Avaanti stud
- 4.03 ct. Forevermark by Premier Gem cushion-cut stud
- gorgeous Forevermark kaleidoscopic Asscher-cut drop earrings
Next, we love Andra Day’s jewelry as well. She shined with over $2 million dollars worth of Tiffany & Co. jewels. Her yellow gold and fancy yellow diamond accents matched the actual gold metal dress by Vera Wang.
Her ensemble includes:
- Tiffany & Co. earrings in platinum and 18k yellow gold with fancy vivid yellow and white diamonds
- Tiffany & Co. Schlumberger Cooper bracelet in platinum and 18k yellow gold with diamonds
- Tiffany & Co. Schlumberger ring in 18k yellow gold and platinum with a tsavorite and diamonds
- Tiffany & Co. Schlumberger Two Bees engagement ring in platinum and 18k gold
- Finally, Tiffany & Co. Schlumberger Sixteen Stone ring with diamonds
Vanessa Kirby was stunning in her Cartier pendant necklace. Her stylist, Ryan Hastings shared all the jewelry details with Vanity Fair. Cartier cloaked her in 1112 diamonds all totaling to 27.45 carats.
Consequently, Kirby chose to wear the necklace backwards for an even more striking effect.
Yellow and gold was a vibe at this year’s Academy Awards. For example, Zendaya made a statement wearing Bulgari’s newest high-jewelry collection alongside her yellow gown.
The collection, called Magnifica, launches later this summer.
She wore a convertible necklace from the collection– a unique piece that can be worn multiple ways, with two diamond collars and a medallion that also can be worn as a brooch.
With her other jewels, Zendaya’s jewelry totaled 183.3 carats and more than $6 million!
Jewelry details below:
- Bulgari high jewelry necklace in platinum with 6 ct. cushion-cut fancy vivid yellow diamond, 18.18 cts. diamonds, 49.3 cts. fancy-shape step-cut diamonds, and 61.5 cts. round brilliant-cut diamonds and pavé-set diamonds
- High jewelry ring in platinum with 21.14 ct. fancy intense yellow diamond and 3.07 cts. grapeze diamonds
- Bulgari high jewelry ring in platinum with 9.9 ct. emerald-cut diamond and 1.35 cts. baguette diamonds
- in addition, High Jewelry earrings in platinum with 9.4 cts. fancy intense yellow pear diamonds and 3.49 cts. brilliant pear diamonds
Lastly, Reese was stunning, per usual. She too wore a bedazzling array of Bulgari jewels. The art deco–style designs chosen for her ensemble featured diamonds, rubies, onyx, and pearls.
She sparkled in:
- Bulgari High Jewelry earrings in white gold with onyx inserts and 6.47 cts. t.w. square emerald-cut diamonds, 2.65 cts. t.w. pear brilliant diamonds, 1.44 cts. t.w. square emerald-cut diamonds, and 1.1 cts. t.w. round brilliant-cut diamonds and pavé-set diamonds
- Magnifica High Jewelry ring in platinum with 10.15 ct. octagonal ruby, 1.59 ct. t.w. buff-top rubies, and 1.78 cts. t.w. pavé-set diamonds; High Jewelry ring in platinum with 5.38 ct. marquise-cut diamond, 2.18 cts. t.w. step-cut rubies, and 1.89 cts. t.w. step-cut diamonds
- Barocko High Jewelry bracelet in white gold with onyx, akoya cultured pearls, and 4.49 cts. t.w. round diamonds and pavé-set diamonds
Final Thoughts on the Jewelry from the 2021 Oscars
Whether you watch for the cinematic achievements or the Hollywood fashion, the Academy Awards didn’t disappoint this year.
Above all, it’s good to see the red carpet and star studded live events making a return after the pandemic year long hiatus. Which look was your favorite?
Love the high fashion jewelry, but not the celebrity price tag? Our jewelry design team can create similar looks, at a much more affordable price. In addition, we carry vintage, new and pre-owned designer jewelry from several of the same brands in this post.
Make an appointment with Jonathan’s Fine Jewelers today and get started on the jewelry of your dreams.
Further, be sure to like our page on Facebook, follow our latest jewelry posts on Twitter, or see what the Jonathan’s team is up to on our personal Instagram accounts: