[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]As much fun as it is to “window shop” on eBay, we all have lives and I don’t know about you, but I don’t have time to page through 29 pages of ‘estate diamond necklace’. And, if you are anything like me, you will get distracted by the pretty pictures and click on them, which then will lead to a sellers store and a whole slew of things you weren’t even looking for. Before you know it, hours have gone by and your wife has thrown the dinner out because it’s cold and the kids have gone to bed and it’s 4 in the morning. Whew….
Shopping on eBay can be daunting. Heck, selling on eBay can be daunting, but there is no doubt that if you are a collector of fine estate jewelry; eBay is a great marketplace. The trick is to know how to cull through the hundreds and thousands of listings to find the right thing for the right price, and I am going to help you learn how to do just that.
How To Find Fine Estate Jewelry on eBay
1. Know what you are looking for. Before you even start to search, know what you are looking for. Because eBay is the marketplace for distractions and BUY ME NOW’s, if you can go in with blinders on, you will be much more successful.
2. Do an exact search for your item. This sounds easy, but there is a way to get pretty exact in your search.
Say you are looking for an Art Deco Diamond Brooch. You will get a LOT of matches and as much fun as it might be to look through all 400 plus, let’s narrow it down. In order to refine this search, just hit more refinements, where you can get as narrow as the format type, condition, price, item location, seller and type of listing.When you tick on the boxes that you want, that will even narrow it down further.
3. Expedited shipping, free shipping, accepts best offer and returns accepted. These are listed under show only and I suggest you hit them all for several reasons. First, all sellers who ship quickly, accept returns, will ship for free and will negotiate the price are sellers you want to deal with.
4. Now that you are making some progress in your search, you can decide if you are going to look at vintage and antique or fine estate jewelry. The more you narrow your search, the closer you will get until the only option you have will be looking at specifically Art Deco Diamond Brooches.
5. Now, you just go to brooches and you have 47 items to look through on eBay!
Once you have looked at each item, it’s important to check out each seller’s feedback and go and read the feedback. Also, see if the seller has left an email address or phone number on the listing so you can get in touch with them. If they have, they are a good seller.
Be sure you ask EVERY question you can think of before you even make a bid. Most of these items don’t move quickly, but if you do lose an item, just think of the fact that a better one will come along next time and it just wasn’t meant to be.
EBay is a community built on trust. You have to trust the seller and the seller has to trust you. It’s tough on both ends, but it has worked this far and seems to continue to work. I know that overall, our experience on eBay has been a good one, but we have also had our negative experiences as well. Just be careful, search hard and buy beautiful, elegant fine estate jewelry on eBay and good luck!