[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]When you are ready to get down on one knee or sometimes both knees you want everything to be perfect, from the engagement ring to the way you are going to pop the question. Men often agonize over the ring for months. Is the diamond the right size, is the setting right, did I get the right type of metal, will she like it, will it fit, and the list goes on and on.
Well, gentleman (and ladies) I have rings she won’t say no to with an engagement ring cheat sheet that will make your life easier and less stressful. You can’t go wrong if you follow this list, and when you present that ring to your beloved, you might want to bring along some smelling salts because she might just swoon in ecstasy!
Engagement Ring Cheat Sheet
- You can’t wrong with white gold or platinum. No matter what else you do, the color of the platinum or white gold against the diamond makes the diamond look whiter and brighter and sometimes bigger, although that is a trick of the eye! If you can’t afford platinum, and that does put the cost up more, then go for white gold over yellow gold, even if your girl wears more yellow gold. If your girl insists on yellow gold, and some do, then make sure the prongs that are surrounding the diamond are done in platinum or white gold, so you have the best of both worlds. It’s all about compromise, and it’s never too early to learn that lesson!
- Halos aren’t just for angels these days. Halos on a ring are the ring of round diamonds that surround the center stone. The center stone can be flush or raised a bit and can be virtually any shape, but here is what a halo does, first it highlights the center stone and it also makes the center stone appear larger. Think about that when you can’t get as big as you want, put a halo on it and it appears bigger and makes it even prettier!
- Side stones can be classic. When going for side stones for your diamond, think about the shape of your diamond, but also the gal that you are marrying. For instance, if she is a classic type of Ralph Lauren girl, you might want to go with baguettes, but if she is more of a combat boot and mini skirt girl, you can go a bit crazy and might want to consider half moons or something a little less traditional. It is important to remember the side stones need to be in line with the size of the center stone so they don’t overpower the center stone but compliment the diamond, after all the main diamond is star!
- One singular sensation. Engagement rings are getting more and more complex these days, but there is nothing wrong with beautiful and simple and letting the diamond stand on it’s own merit as a solitaire with a beautiful graceful band. As a solitaire, by playing around with how the prongs are formed, the ring can look classic or contemporary and the ring can still be a one of a kind wonder that will blow your bride away.
- Presentation and promise are everything. Remember that it’s not just about the ring, but also about the love that you give the ring with. It doesn’t matter how big or small the diamond is if it is given with love in your heart and the intention of commitment to a lifetime of open communication, compromise and a willingness to forge through life together as a unit, because the ring is a symbol, you are the reality.