[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Customer service extends beyond the greeting at the door. It extends beyond making the sale. It even extends beyond a follow up with the customer to find out how they are enjoying their purchase. Customer service also involves the policies your store or, in our case, your showroom has in place for what happens after the sale happens and the customer has an ‘Oh No’ or ‘Oh My’ moment.
We have four people at Jonathan’s Fine Jewelers who sell diamonds and custom diamond jewelry: Jay, Jonny, Sergio and myself. I didn’t train any of them. They each have their own brand of selling and each is very effective. They also are excellent at informing their customers about the guidelines of what we offer in terms of a buy back program and what we do for our customers who purchase engagement rings from us. But, do they tell their customers everything?
Once again, just like with the financing program that we now offer, and in the spirit of being open and honest, I am going to lie out for you our policies for buy backs, exchanges and upgrades. We do have exceptions to every rule, and because we are a small company, we can do that, so if you come in and want an exception, please don’t ever hesitate to ask. After all, we do pat ourselves on the back for our superior customer service and our main goal is to make our customers happy.
Customer Service and Buy Backs
- A ‘Buy Back’ happens when you purchase a custom ring from us and whether that ring is used or not, you bring it back to us.
- We cannot resell a setting that has been custom made for you and we cannot reimburse the cost of the labor for making that custom ring.
- We can give you the cost of the metal for scrap for the setting.
- For the center stone we will always offer between 10% – 20% buy back for what you paid.
- Example…. You paid $10,000 for the center stone, you will receive a minimum of $8,000 and a maximum of $9,000 from us. Guaranteed.
- In the end, if you choose to have your ring bought back, you will recoup from the center stone, the cost of scrap from the setting and then the other stones, which aren’t worth very much.
Customer Service and Exchanges
- We offer exchanges on jewelry that is an equal amount to what was bought previously.
Customer Service and Upgrades
- An ‘Upgrade’ is when you bring in your engagement ring and replace the center stone.
- We accept upgrades at ANY TIME during the lifetime of your ring.
- The upgrade is only good for the center stone provided the center stone is a diamond.
- The upgrade has to be at least $1 MORE than what was originally spent on the center diamond.
- For example, if you spent $10,000 on a round center stone that is a 3 ct. K color and a VS1, you can come in and trade it up for a 4 ct. L color SI1 that costs $10,500 and it will cost you $500 for the diamond and then the cost of the setting.
Customer Service and Engagement Ring Policies You Should Know
- For the life of your ring you get free polishing.
- For the life of your ring you get free cleaning.
- For the life of your ring you get free stone tightening.
- 1st sizing free within one month of receiving the ring.
- One-year warranty on all estate jewelry, which covers general repairs and cleaning.
- One-year warranty on all watches, which covers everything but accidental drops.
Before you buy anything, you should always find out the policies that the store has in place. If your salesperson doesn’t tell you what they are, then don’t hesitate to ask, and that goes for here at Jonathan’s Fine Jewelers as well. After all, a little customer service goes a long way![/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]